Couple Counseling NYC
Premarital Counseling, Marriage Counseling, Couple Therapy in Midtown Manhattan, NYC, New York
Couples may be arguing, bickering, and constantly triggering each other, or they may be disconnected, feeling alone, and barely speaking. The common thread in couples seeking services is that their relationship is no longer a safe, loving, and enjoyable space.
We help couples restore the strength and vitality their relationship once had, and show them how to create a conscious partnership focused on valuing each other’s experience. We deepen the emotional connection, restore intimacy, and show couples how to become responsive to their partners’ needs and wants.
When Should We Enter Couple Counseling?
Often times, couples wait too long before seeking help. Anger and resentment could be building for years, destroying connection, safety, and love, which needs to be the foundation for the relationship. As soon as couples, married and unmarried, find themselves in patterns that they can’t break, therapy can be extremely helpful.
Common Relationship Struggles Include:
Lack of satisfaction and enjoyment with your partner
- Constant bickering and fighting
- Differing ideas of roles, rules, and expectations
- Difficulty transitioning to a parenting relationship
- Excessive anger
- Inherent differences in lifestyle decisions (having children, religion, career)
- Extended family conflicts
- Inability for your partner to get why you are hurting
- Having the same arguments over and over again
- Keeping the relationship functioning through one partners’ addiction, past abuse, or chronic illness
- Lack of intimacy
Options for Treatment:
Couples are helped through a variety of options including:
Weekly couple therapy sessions with a relationally trained Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or Marriage and Family Therapist in training
One-Day Workshop for Premarital Couples